Friday, August 16, 2013

Student Name Tag Breakthrough!

Pinterest has made me look like a super creative and efficient teacher. But I am not as creative as I seem, I am just really good at executing other people's ideas:) Here is one of those ideas. 

Last year my students had tent name tags and they were constantly falling off their desks, getting stepped on and ultimately, thrown out. I wanted something that was more permanent but still moveable for when they moved desks thus, this idea. Velcro name tags!

I bought 2 packages of these self adhesive Velcro squares from Lakeshore and was able to make 32 name tags. ($3.99 each package)

Each sheet had 4 hook and 4 eye squares. 

I folded them in half to stick a hook and eye square together.

Then I cut the sets apart.

I then stuck the hook side to each end of the laminated name tags. The adhesive is still covered by the plastic sheet. Now you just need to peel the plastic away and stick the name tag on the desk! 


Since I placed the Velcro squares in about the same place on each name tag, they should be transferable as students move desks this school year and they won't fall on the floor! 


The final result.

Note: Be sure to stick the same side of the Velcro (hook or eye) to the back of the name tags or you will end up with name tags that won't stick when students move desks!

No comments:

Post a Comment